- Accidental Creative
- Adapting to Web Standards: CSS and Ajax for Big Sites
- Art of Non-Conformity
- Art of Readable Code
- Back to the User: Creating User-Focused Web Sites
- Beginning PHP6, Apache, MySQL Web Development
- Books to Read
- Born For This
- Complete E-Commerce Book
- Content Inc
- Core PHP Programming
- CSS3: Pushing the Limits
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Defensive Design for the Web
- Deliver First Class Web sites
- Design for Hackers: Reverse-Engineering Beauty
- Designing Web Interfaces
- Designing Web sites that Work: Usability for the Web
- Designing with Progressive Enhancement
- Developing Large Web Applications
- Eat That Frog
- Economics of Software Quality
- Elements of User Experience
- Epic Content Marketing
- Extending Bootstrap
- Flexible Web Design
- Flexible Web Layouts
- Inmates Are Running the Asylum
- jQuery Pocket Reference
- Letting Go of the Words
- Making Every Meeting Matter
- Manage Your Day to Day
- Official Ubuntu Book
- Organized Home
- PHP In a NutShell
- PHP Refactoring
- PHP5 CMS Framework Development
- PHP6 and MySQL Bible
- Responsive Web Design
- Responsive Web Design with HTML and CSS3
- Rules of Thumb
- Saleable Software
- Securing PHP Web Applications
- Simple and Usable Web, Mobile and Interaction Design
- Smart Organizing
- Submit Now: Designing Persuasive Web sites
- The Life-changing Magic of Tidying up
- UI and UX and Design
- Web site Usability
- Web Site Usability: A Designer's Guide
- Web Word Wizardy
- Work for Money, Design for Love
- Checklists I Have Collected or Created
- Color in Web Design
- Crafts To Do
- Database and Data Relations Checklist
- Ecommerce Website Checklist
- My Front End UI Checklist
- New Client Needs Analysis
- Newsletters I Read
- Style Guides
- User Review Questions
- Web Designer's SEO Checklist
- Web site Review
- Website Code Checklist
- Website Final Approval Form
- Writing Content For Your Website
- Writing Styleguide
- Writing Tips
- Complete Book of Potatoes
- Creating Custom Soil Mixes for Healthy, Happy Plants
- Edible Forest Garden
- Garden Design
- Gardening Tips and Tricks
- Gardens and History
- Light Candle Levels
- My Garden
- My Garden To Plant
- Organic Fertilizers
- Organic Gardening in Alberta
- Plant Nurseries
- Planting Tips and Ideas
- Root Cellaring
- Way We Garden Now
- Beautiful No-Mow Lawns
- Beginner's Guide to Heirloom Vegetables
- Best of Lois Hole
- Eradicate Invasive Plants
- Gardening Books to Read
- Grow Organic
- Guerilla Gardening
- Indoor Gardening: The Organic Way
- Real Gardens Grow Natives
- Seed Underground
- Thrifty Gardening from the Ground Up
- Veggie Garden Remix
- What Grows Here
- Activities for Kids
- Baking & Cooking Tips
- Can I Get that on Sale?
- Cleaning Tips and Tricks
- Compound Time
- Crafts for Kids
- Household Tips
- Interior Design
- Latin Phrases
- Laundry Tips
- Learn Something New
- Links, Information, and Cool Videos - Stuff for My Kids
- Reading List
- Silly Sites
- Videos to Watch
- YouTube Hacks
- CSS Frameworks
- CSS Reading List
- htaccess files
- HTML Tips and Tricks
- Landing Page Tips
- More Information on CSS
- MySQL and Databases
- Responsive Design
- Robots.txt File
- Security and Secure Websites
- Web Design and Development
- Web Design Tools
- Website Testing Checklist
- Writing for the Web
- Writing Ideas for your website
- Animations and Interactions
- Being a Better Designer
- Bootstrap Resources
- CSS Preprocessors: Sass and Less
- CSS Tips Tricks
- Designing User Interfaces
- Font & Typographical Inspiration
- Fonts, Typography, Letters & Symbols
- Logo Designs
- Photoshop Tips and Tricks
- UX and UI and Design Reading List
- Web Forms
I really enjoyed this book; it was a great read. Here is aome information I found very useful.
"I almost never write about the hours I spend in the garden, not even in my journal. Something happens to me when I garden. I am fully, reliably, blissfully present to who I am and where I am in that moment. I am an animal with a hundred different senses and all of them are switched on." p. 93
Tomatoes to try
- Arkansas Traveler ("brilliant rose pink/red inside and out)
- Germain Giant (deserves a lot more attention)
- Olympic Pink (four-foot vines that grow with the determination of a bulldog)
- Purple Brandy (at least twenty pounds per plant, but the taste is the thing, deep rich funky old-time flavour" -this one is a cross between Brandywine and Marizol Purple)
- Eva Purple Ball
"If you believe in moon magic, plant between either the last quarter or the new moon in the signs of Gemini for mutliplication; or in the earthy signs of Cancer, Scorpio, and Pisces - believed to be the most productive consetllations for aboveground crops."
Seeds harvested at full moon have the best germinating power.
"Gardening is managing our relationship with nature" said writer and naturalist John Tallmadge.
Marigolds near tomatoes. Horseradish with potatoes. Try pole beans growing on amaranth. Let sunflowers get up several inches then intersperse with pole beans. Try corn and White Tender Creaseback Cornfield beans.
Become a farmer.
Become a young farmer.
Become an elder farmer.
Become a girl farmer.
Become a small farmer.
Become an aspiring farmer.
Grow open-source seeds.
Buy seeds from small, independent companies.
Buy organice seeds.
Save your own seeds.
Trade seeds within your community.
Learn to hand-pollinate.
Select seeds for seed saving based on your locality and conditions.
Learn to breed seed.
Never grow GM seed.
Nourish your pets and farm animals with non-GM feed.
Promote your local farmers market and farmers market in general.
Become a seed activist.
Work for local and national sovereignty over seeds.
Work to refocus agricultural experiment stations.
Work to retrain extension agents in organic, seed-based low-input systems.
Work for the rights of small farmers.
Work for the intellectual property rights of indigenous farmers.
Educate others about the importance of open-pollinated seeds.
Help pass a food sovereignty ordinance in your village, city, country, or state.
Succeed in passing laws requiring GM foods to be labeled in your state and country.
Cultures of Habitat: On Nature, CUlture and STory - Gary Paul Nabhan
Gathering: memori of a Seed Saver - Diane Ott Whealy
Growing Garden Seeds: A Manual for Gardeners and Small Farmers - Robert Johnston Jr.
Pleasant Valley - Lous Bromfield (1945)
Seed to Seed: Seed Saving and Growing Techniques for Vegetable Gardeners - Suzanne Ashworth
Seeds of Change - the LIving Treaure - Kenny Ausubel
The World According to Monsanto - Marie-Monique Robin
2012 Chelsea Green Publishing; White River Junction, Vermont