- An object is a set of data and processes that computer the data.
- 2 basic data types: primitive and structured. Represented with associate arrays in PHP.
- I need to replace data values with objects.
- Remove all speculative code - use only what you need today.
- Encapsulation field - setter/getter class. Expose their attributes (potentially problematic).
- Encapsulate the collection then remove setting methods.
- Big refactoring - change from procedural to object-oriented code is worth the effort?
- You can chain functions to make a sentence: $this->order->getCustomer()->makeSilver()
The functions in the book were short - 1 or 2 lines. Very simple. Use abstract and encapsulation.
"...[Create] a small context to cope with when reading, understanding, designing and writing our code."
These are notes I made after reading this book. See more book notes
Accidental Creative Adapting to Web Standards: CSS and Ajax for Big Sites Art of Non-Conformity Art of Readable Code Back to the User: Creating User-Focused Web Sites Beginning PHP6, Apache, MySQL Web Development Books to Read Born For This Complete E-Commerce Book Content Inc Core PHP Programming CSS3: Pushing the Limits Dealing with Difficult People Defensive Design for the Web Deliver First Class Web sites Design for Hackers: Reverse-Engineering Beauty Designing Web Interfaces Designing Web sites that Work: Usability for the Web Designing with Progressive Enhancement Developing Large Web Applications Eat That Frog Economics of Software Quality Elements of User Experience Epic Content Marketing Extending Bootstrap Flexible Web Design Flexible Web Layouts Inmates Are Running the Asylum jQuery Pocket Reference Letting Go of the Words Making Every Meeting Matter Manage Your Day to Day Official Ubuntu Book Organized Home PHP In a NutShell PHP Refactoring PHP5 CMS Framework Development PHP6 and MySQL Bible Responsive Web Design Responsive Web Design with HTML and CSS3 Rules of Thumb Saleable Software Securing PHP Web Applications Seed Underground Simple and Usable Web, Mobile and Interaction Design Smart Organizing Submit Now: Designing Persuasive Web sites The Life-changing Magic of Tidying up Web site Usability Web Site Usability: A Designer's Guide Web Word Wizardy Work for Money, Design for Love
Just to let you know, this page was last updated Tuesday, Jun 19 18