Here are my personal checklists for the front end elements and the UI for the site.
Front End UI
- Are there any existing diagrams?
- Are there any screenshots?
- Take screenshots (where possible).
- Create diagrams for all screens
- Map out any changes (in existing issues) that are required.
- Is there a style guide? If no, create one.
- Map out components required for the repo and add to readme.
- Add version number to readme.
- Is there a menu file for the admin?
- Do all UI components follow the standards?
- Are button names standardized (ie action verbs)?
- Are menu items standardized (proper capitalization, alphabeticalized, follow naming conventions)?
- Does the page have a title (in the browser)?
- Does the title in the browser match the name in the menu?
- Does the page title match?
- Does the colour of the page title matching existing color coding standards?
- Do any page elements overlap or crash into each other?
- Is menu open to the correct folder?
- Is page highlighted as active on the menu?
- Are there any spelling errors?
- Do I have a screenshot/sketch/ui drawing of the page?
- Is the page mapped on the process flowchart?
- Check search functionality (including relevance of results)
- Check on common variations of browser
- Check on common variations of Screen Resolution
- Test all forms (e.g. contact us, blog comments), including anti-spam features, response emails/text, etc.
- Check all external links are valid
Just to let you know, this page was last updated Monday, Jul 23 18