Checklist of Testing Your Online Store
- Test Home Page
- Test What's New
- Test About Us
- Test Shipping Information
- Test Returns Policy
- Test any filters such as product filters, colours, sizes, types of products, etc.
- Test any ability to sort products by name, price, size, etc.
- Test add to wish list.
- Test add to basket
Product Details Pages
- Check product title.
- Check product description.
- Check product images.
- Test enlarge image function.
- Test 360 degree view of products function
- Checked related products
- Check any further product information, colours, sizes, options, and extras.
- Test add to basket function.
- Add products to basket
- remove products from basket
- change quantities
- test negative quantities and really large numbers
- select delivery options; change basket and test again
- check that totals add up correctly
- Test checkout process
- Final amount to pay - make sure the value is correct and after the price of the products, taxes, delivery, and any other charges
- Test making changes to the products being offered, changing delivery options, etc, and make sure the final amount updates correctly.
- Carry out a test payment using each payment method
- Test cancelling an order
- Place a false payment
- Check that confirmation emails are sent correctly when a payment is made
- Make sure you can refund a payment
- Any refund confirmation emails are sent to the recipient successfully
Mobile Devices and Browser Compatibility
- Apple iPhone
- Apple iPad
- Android smartphone
- Android tablet
- Windows Phone
- Internet Explorer (edge, 9, 8)
- Chrome (latest)
- Firefox (latest)
- Safari, Mac and PC
- Performance test of home page
- Performance test of product page
- Check Your Links
- Run an automated link check
- Proof read main pages.
- Proof read product pages.
- Proof read search results pages.
- Proof read checkout pages.
- Proof read site emails.
- Test product pricing in all currencies.
Web Standards & Accessiblity
- Run HTML validation check.
- Run CSS validation check.
- Test your website against WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Try browsing your website with a screen reader and/or text browser
- Try browsing your website without a mouse, i.e. with just your keyboard.
Just to let you know, this page was last updated Tuesday, Dec 11 18