Database Design Checklist
- Create a init db script with the basic structure.
- Is the database standardized?
- Is there a dev and src version? If so, how do they differ and why?
- Check that all foreign keys exist
- Check that all index(s) exist
- remove any backups and previous versions of tables
- Do I need to make changes to the structure? If so, what and why.
- Create a diagram
- Print diagram for file folder
- Update thumb drive with database file
- Make an image of the db structure (for the yellow sheet)
- Map out any changes (in existing issues) that are required.
- Blue folder: setup CRON for each repository's database
- make a list of changes in a script
- create a new baseline db script
- update database table and field names in code
- update ASH with new db structure
- update WALNUT with new db structure
- What is wrong?
- What is a new feature for the repository? What does it affect?
Just to let you know, this page was last updated Tuesday, Jan 23 18