- Adapting to Web Standards: CSS and Ajax for Big Sites
- Art of Non-Conformity
- Art of Readable Code
- Back to the User: Creating User-Focused Web Sites
- Beginning PHP6, Apache, MySQL Web Development
- Book Notes
- Books to Read
- Bored and Brilliant
- Born For This
- Complete E-Commerce Book
- Content Inc
- Core PHP Programming
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Defensive Design for the Web
- Deliver First Class Web sites
- Design for Hackers: Reverse-Engineering Beauty
- Designing Web Interfaces
- Designing Web sites that Work: Usability for the Web
- Designing with Progressive Enhancement
- Developing Large Web Applications
- Economics of Software Quality
- Epic Content Marketing
- Extending Bootstrap
- Happiness At Work
- Inmates Are Running the Asylum
- jQuery Pocket Reference
- Letting Go of the Words
- Making Every Meeting Matter
- Manage Your Day to Day
- Marketing to Millenials
- Monster Loyalty
- More Eric Meye on CSS
- Official Ubuntu Book
- Organized Home
- Perennial Seller
- PHP In a NutShell
- PHP Refactoring
- PHP5 CMS Framework Development
- PHP6 and MySQL Bible
- Responsive Web Design with HTML and CSS3
- Rules of Thumb
- Saleable Software
- Securing PHP Web Applications
- Simple and Usable Web, Mobile and Interaction Design
- Smart Organizing
- The Life-changing Magic of Tidying up
- Think First
- This Is Marketing
- Web site Usability
- Web Site Usability: A Designer's Guide
- Web Word Wizardy
- Whats Stopping Me
- Work for Money, Design for Love
- Checklists I Have Collected or Created
- Crafts To Do
- Database and Data Relations Checklist
- Ecommerce Website Checklist
- My Front End UI Checklist
- New Client Needs Analysis
- Newsletters I Read
- Style Guides
- User Review Questions
- Web Designer's SEO Checklist
- Web site Review
- Website Code Checklist
- Website Final Approval Form
- Writing Content For Your Website
- Writing Styleguide
- Writing Tips
- Complete Book of Potatoes
- Creating Custom Soil Mixes for Healthy, Happy Plants
- Edible Forest Garden
- Garden Design
- Gardening Tips and Tricks
- Gardens and History
- Light Candle Levels
- My Garden
- My Garden To Plant
- Organic Fertilizers
- Organic Gardening in Alberta
- Plant Nurseries
- Plant Suggestions
- Planting Tips and Ideas
- Root Cellaring
- Things I Planted in My Yard
- Way We Garden Now
- 101 Organic Gardening Hacks
- Beautiful No-Mow Lawns
- Beginner's Guide to Heirloom Vegetables
- Best of Lois Hole
- Eradicate Invasive Plants
- Gardening Books to Read
- Gardens West
- Grow Organic
- Grow Your own Herbs
- Guerilla Gardening
- Heirloom Life Gardener
- Indoor Gardening: The Organic Way
- Real Gardens Grow Natives
- Seed Underground
- Small plot, high yield gardening
- Thrifty Gardening from the Ground Up
- Veggie Garden Remix
- What Grows Here
- Activities for Kids
- Baking & Cooking Tips
- Bertrand Russell
- Can I Get that on Sale?
- Cleaning Tips and Tricks
- Colour Palettes I Like
- Compound Time
- Cooking Tips
- Crafts for Kids
- Household Tips
- Interior Design
- Keywording & Tags
- Latin Phrases
- Laundry Tips
- Learn Something New
- Links, Information, and Cool Videos - Stuff for My Kids
- My Miscellany
- Reading List
- Silly Sites
- Things that Make Me Laugh
- Videos to Watch
- Ways to Be Nice
- YouTube Hacks
- Bug Tracking Tool
- Business Tips
- Code Packages I Like on GitHub
- Content Management systems
- Creating Emails & Email Newsletters
- I Made A Framework
- Patterns, Textures and other media
- PHP Coding Standards
- Project Verbs for to do lists
- Qualities of Creative Leaders
- Scalable Vector Graphics
- Software Design
- The Shell, Scripts and Such
- Writing Instructions
- CSS Frameworks
- CSS Reading List
- CSS Sticky Footer
- Design of Sites
- htaccess files
- HTML Tips and Tricks
- Landing Page Tips
- Making Better Websites
- More Information on CSS
- MySQL and Databases
- Responsive Design
- Robots.txt File
- Security and Secure Websites
- SVG Images
- Types of Contetn
- UI and UX and Design
- Web Design and Development
- Web Design Tools
- Web Error Codes
- Website Testing Checklist
- Writing for the Web
- Writing Ideas for your website
- Animations and Interactions
- Being a Better Designer
- Bootstrap Resources
- Color in Web Design
- CSS Preprocessors: Sass and Less
- CSS Tips Tricks
- Design Systems
- Designing User Interfaces
- Font & Typographical Inspiration
- Fonts, Typography, Letters & Symbols
- Logo Designs
- Photoshop Tips and Tricks
- UX and UI and Design Reading List
- Web Forms
- Well Designed
This Is Marketing
Story Driven by Bernadette Jiwa. According to her, good stories:
- Commit us to our purpose and vision for our career
- Allow us to celebrate our strengths by remembering how we got here from there
- Deepen our understanding of our unique value and what differentiates us in the marketplace
- reinforce our core values
- Help us to act in alignment and make value-based decisions
- Encourage us to respond to customers instead of reacting to the marketplace.
- Attract customers who want to support businesses that reflect or represent their values
- Build brand loyalty and give customers a story to tell.
- Attract the kind of like-minded employees we want.
- Help us to stay motivated and continue to do the work we're proud of.
Status is not the same as wealth.
- status is always relative
- status is in the eyes of the beholder
- status attended to is the status that matters
- status has inertia
- status is learned
- shame is the status killer. If we accept the shame someone sends our way, it undermines our entire narrative about relative status.
Better Business Plan
He suggests the following five sections: truth, assertion, alternatives, people, money.
Truth - describe the market you are entering, the needs that exist, your competitors, technology standards, how have others succeeded and failed. Truth states how things are.
Assertions - describe how you're going to change things.
Alternatives - what you'll do if assertions don't pan out.
People - who is your team? Who is joining? Attitudes and abilities and track record.
Money - how much do you need, how will you spend it, what cash flow looks like, profit and loss.
Direct marketing: run an ad on - and count your clicks.
Brand marketing: billboard; hoping people remember you.
The market associates frequency with trust. So keep running ur ads past when you are bored with them. There is a drip between when we get bored and when people get the message.
Create a product or service that people care enough to search for specifically.
How the price is the last refuge of a marketer who has run out of generous ideas. Lowering your price doesn't make you more trusted. It closes the opposite.
"Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have."
Books to Read
Rules for Radicals - Saul Alinsky
Crossing the Chasm - Geoff Moore
The Long Trail - Chris Anderson
Oglry on Advertising - David Ogilry
Adceep - Mark Bartholomew
Creating Customer Evangelists - Jackie Hub and Ben McConnel
Secrets of Closing the Sale - Zig Ziglar
Selling the Dream - Guy Kawasaki
Four steps to the Epiphany - Steve Biank
Syrup - Max Barry
The Regis Touch - Regis McKenna
Meaning that work - Shawn Askhosie
Ultimate Question 2.0 - Fred Reickled
Bussenies Model Generation - Alexander Osterwalder and Yves Pigneur
War of Art and Do the Work - Steve Pressfield
Who's it for?
What's it for?
What is the worldview of the audience you're seeking to reach?
What are they afraid of?
What story will you tell? Is it true?
What change are you seeking to make?
How will it change their status?
How will it reach the early adopters and neophiliacs?
Why will they tell their friends?
What will they tell their friends?
Where is the network effect that will propel this forward?
What asset are you building?
Are you proud of it?
These are notes I made after reading this book. See more book notes
Just to let you know, this page was last updated Wednesday, Jan 19 22